A Rare Glimpse

Monday, February 19, 2007

I am tired and exhausted, at least physically, after driving ~16 hours cumulatively this weekend down to Plainfield, New Hampshire for the Northeastern Collegiate Winter Conference. But I have thoughts swirling through my mind that I wanted to put down and share, for myself and for you - how God has been sovereign, loving and merciful, how God moves within my life.

I got an email today from a close friend and former housemate who is celebrating her one year remission from a second battle with cancer. You know who you are!! I'm rejoicing with you!

When I first read the email, I glanced through it and was so happy for her. When I re-read the email again, I was crying tears. She had shared a few of her journal entries and I cried tears of sorrow for the intense pain and dark times she went through, realizing that I had failed in some ways as a housemate to her, because I had either refused to acknowledge, ignored, or was simply emotionally unavailable to help her. Today, I was finally able to sympathize with her, reading the deep, dark truths of what she was feeling, but also, acknowledging that I am unable to empathize with her because I have never experienced anything on the same level of what she went through.

I cried tears of joy because if you knew how many people she's led to Christ or how many hearts have seeds of Christ planted within them, you'd see Christ shining brightly from within her just like I can see. For her, it was trusting and obeying Him with all her heart, mind, and soul...the same goes for me too! And yet I often fight trusting and obeying when my problems are in fact mostly insignificant in the grand scheme of life...eternal life!

So now I want her to know, I was brought to my knees to praise God for you and to petition to God for you. Praising Him for your life extended and doors opening up on your journey with God, praying to Him for your daily strength, courage, every breath you take, healing. Amen!

You are a beautiful and special woman of the King on high! This is dedicated to you, my friend!!